Cleaning DVS Skate Shoes
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Skate Shoes and other Skate Board topics.
How can I clean my DVS skate shoes?
Canvas and Fabric DVS Skate Shoe Care
- You can machine wash canvas and fabric skate shoes in cool to warm water, depending on color.
- Don't bleach or use laundry detergents or cleansers with any chlorine additives because they may cause yellow discoloration.
- White and light colored shoes can go in a dryer and this will help to prevent discoloration. Darker and riche colors can be air dried.
Cleaning Leather DVS Skate Shoes
- Start by cleaning dust and any surface soils with a damp cloth.
- You can spot clean more serious dirt with a gentle detergent or saddle soap. Avoid saturating the material but make sure you test the cleanser on a small area before washing the whole shoe.
- Pat the leather with a clean soft cloth and dry slowly away from a heat source.
Cleaning Suede DVS Skate Shoes
- First, you should treat your clean, dry suede skate shoes with waterproofing products.
- When you need to clean them, gently brush the shoes with a wire brush. Spot clean any dirty surfaces with suede cleaner.
- Do not saturate your suede skate shoes. Test any cleaners on a small area before proceeding further.
- Dry the shoes slowly away from a heat source.